You’ve come to the right place to learn about How to Make A Private Story on Snapchat.
Today Snapchat is a household name, as common as the camera app. Many people use it interchangeably with their phone camera apps and some even prefer to use only Snapchat to capture their memories. And honestly, why shouldn’t they? While a camera app can provide only a few altering specifications, this social media app not only delivers filters and more interactive features but also allows users to share their memories with friends and families with a click of a button.
First launched in 2011 in the market with the name of Picaboo, It quickly rose to popularity namely because of a popular and one-of-a-kind feature of disappearing stories. In the new age, for us, the feature of a disappearing story is not new or novel, but back in 2011, snapchat was the first company to come up with this feature.
Presently, the company holds a majority stake in the market because of its “coolness” as the younger demographic is attracted to the app. The company in its 11 years of inception has continued to come up with new and trailblazing features like Spectacles, lens, geofilters and more. And yet, stories remain the most popular feature till date so much so that it led to Facebook incorporating it as one of Instagram’s features to remain competitive.
Let’s take a deep dive into this feature and look at some easy ways on how to make a private story on Snapchat. Read on to learn more about shared stories, how to delete the private story and other useful snapchat tips and tricks.
Table of Contents
- How to make a private story on Snapchat
- What is a private story on Snapchat?
- How to post a Story on Snapchat?
- How to delete a private story on Snapchat
- Edit viewers
- Shared stories
- Other useful Snapchat tips
How to make a private story on Snapchat
Stories are the best way of showcasing a piece of your day-today with your followers whether it be in the form of a photo or a video snippet. Users can update and add stories to share with their friends. The best part? After 24 hours, the story automatically disappears and you have the freedom of determining whether you would like the story to be viewed by everyone in your contacts or create a private story on Snapchat.
Now that we know why stories are such a popular way of being social on the internet, let’s understand what exactly is a private story.
What is a private story on Snapchat?
Imagine you want to post a memory to your stories feed but don’t want to share it with all your friends and contacts, then you will post a private story.
A private story can only be viewed by people who you have approved. It is a space wherein you can share snippets of your life to a select number of people and be rest assured that none of your other contacts will be any wiser.
How to post a Story on Snapchat?
Now that you are all familiar with the concept of a private story, let’s look at how to create one on snapchat. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to post a story.
Posting a story via your Phone and iPad
- Open the snapchat app by clicking on the icon on your screen.
- Tap your bitmoji profile icon that you can see on the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the My stories tab, you will find an option to create a private story. Click on it.
- If you are creating a private story for the first time, you will have to add and approve contacts who will be able to see your story. There will be a small check on the right side of every contact you select.
- After you have created a list of contacts, click on the Create Story button that will appear on the lower centre of the screen.
- Now, you can give a name to your story. After you have successfully decided on a name, click save and proceed further.
- You will be redirected to the profile icon page and under the my stories tab you will find the option of adding to your private story.
- Add photos, videos to your private story without a hassle.
Posting a story via your browser
- Open the snapchat app in your browser
- Sign in if you are not already logged in.
- Create a new private story following the same steps as detailed above.
- Click choose video or drag and drop your photo/video to the appropriate tab heading.
- Select My Story before sending it.
- You might encounter some terms and conditions if it’s your first time, read and agree to the terms to continue further.
- Click the button and post it.
Now that you have learned How to Make A Private Story on Snapchat, let’s move on to other things.
How to delete a private story on Snapchat
A lot of times, we post stories or snaps that go against our better judgement. In cases like these, snapchat’s easy story deleting process is a much needed relief. The process of deleting a private story on Snapchat is even simpler if that’s possible. Follow the aforementioned steps and you’ll be golden.
- Open your snapchat app.
- Click on your bitmoji profile at the top left corner.
- Under the My Stories tab, you’ll find your private story you want to delete.
- Click on the three little dots right beside the private story.
- You will be presented with a plethora of options. Choose the delete story option and click on it.
This feature of editing who has access to view your private story is important for many. The process of editing your viewers ensures that you don’t have to go through the hassle of creating a new story every time you want to add or remove certain contacts.
Let’s take a look at how one can achieve it by following the below steps to the tee.
- Open your snapchat app.
- Click on your profile at the top left corner.
- Select the three dots beside your private story.
- Select the option to see viewers.
- Now, you can add or remove viewers as per your wish. When you are done, click the save button.
Shared stories are the new way of collaborating and creating content. The concept behind this invention is to foster interaction and connection by making sharing and adding more memories with friends easier and more engaging. By making a shared story, you can not only share your videos and photos with people of your choice but the added members can also add and contribute.
The difference between shared stories and custom stories, a feature that was introduced a while back from snapchat, is that the people you add can add other people as well. The idea is to connect to as many people with a shared interest as possible.
Since it is important to stay safe online, Snapchat has taken measures to ensure that this does not develop and snowball into anything harmful. Community guidelines are in place to ensure that the fun doesn’t get out of hand.
Let’s see how to create a shared story on Snapchat.
- Open the snapchat app.
- Click on your profile bitmoji on the left side of the screen.
- Find the new story option under the My stories section.
- Choose the shared option story.
- Choose friends you’d like to add to your shared story.
- Share your snaps and encourage other members to participate.
Things to keep in mind:
- If the creator of the shared story deletes it then all the snaps will be lost to the void.
- If you are a member and want to delete your contribution, you are free to do so. Other snaps will not get affected by this.
Other useful Snapchat tips
Now that we have learned How to Make A Private Story on Snapchat, let’s talk about some useful tips and tricks. Snapchat is not just used for personal but also for business purposes and no matter your intention, all of us could do with learning more about the hidden or slightly lesser-known tips and tricks that will definitely boost our Snap-chatting experience!
Below is a list of some of these coveted tips that will ensure that your snaps are unique and crafty, and a far cry from boring. So, what are you waiting for? Read on to know more about them.
While you can certainly find an array of filters on snapchat, sometimes you might struggle in selecting a perfect one. What to do? Well, you could easily just create a new filter. And no, I’m not talking about the filters wherein you have to spend time. There are few snapchat hacks that are sure to give you that edginess that you might be missing from your usual options.
Select an emoji of your choice and enhance it till it forms a translucent film on your snap. This is an easy go to hack for when you want to retain a certain amount of mystery. It’s easy and takes only a few seconds.
Another way is by creating a border by enlarging an alphabet and encasing your image or video in it.
The usual way of zooming in is by pinching the screen using your index finger and thumb. But that’s the way the oldies do it. Not you. The easiest way of zooming in and out is by sliding one finger up and down the screen. Try it!
3. Increase traffic to your website
For business purposes, adding your website link on your snaps increases traffic to your site. Which in turn will help you improve your conversion rate. The easiest way of adding your website link is after you have taken your snap, click the paperclip option on the panel on the right side of the screen. You will be able to add the link and all that is left to do is share it!
Do you struggle with boring and repetitive homework? Mainly do you suck at maths? Well, not to worry as snapchat comes to the rescue. This snapchat feature allows you to click a picture of the maths question and provides you with the solution. Cool, right? Now at least doing maths will be fun.
5. Battery saving mode
It’s not just your phone that has a battery saving mode, snapchat also allows you to conserve your phone’s battery by switching to travel mode.
Snapchat is not new to the digital game and is certainly not going anywhere. Even during the pandemic, Snapchat benefitted as its digital consumption rate increased tenfold. Hence, it is important to remain abreast of changes or new additions within the space of this app.
If you need ideas on how to make your snaps more creative, do check out this youtube short.
Now that you have learned everything about how to Make A Private Story on Snapchat and shared story features on Snapchat, what are you waiting for? Go try it for yourself and level up your snapchatting game. Keep the other useful Snapchat tips in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about private story on Snapchat
How to post a private story on Snapchat?
To post on your private story, go to your profile and under the My stories tab, you’ll find your private story. Click on it and take a snap. Next, press the send button and share your snap on your private story.
How to create a private story on Snapchat?
Open your snapchat app, go to your profile and click on the create private story option under the My stories tab. Select and add friends who will be able to view the story. Take the snap and share.
What are good private Snapchat story names?
Some good private snapchat story names should be creative, witty and snippy. Some potential names are code blue, snap like you mean it, backstage pass, and chamber of secrets. You can customise popular shows like keeping up with the kardashians with your name as well!
How to see private stories on Snapchat?
To view your friend’s private story, open your snapchat app and go to the stories tab. To know if you are viewing their private story, look for a lock icon. Click on their name and view their story countless times.
What does a private Snapchat story mean?
Private story on snapchat is a unique feature wherein you can share snippets of your life in the form of either images or videos with a select few people. You can add and remove people who have access to your story.