Looking to send heartfelt mother’s day quotes and images to your mom? You’ve landed on the right page!
We’ve curated a list of best mothers day images & quotes just for you!
You might not have a whole lot of money to buy flowers, jewelry, or gifts. But, a heartfelt text or handwritten mothers day card goes a long way.
You know that home is where your mother is! She is one person who accepts you as you are and loves you unconditionally. Need we say anything more? This Mother’s Day, celebrate the extraordinary woman in your life with our handpicked mother’s day quotes and messages!
Quotes for Mom
You might fall short of words to describe what you feel towards your mother! So, we’ve curated a list of heart-touching mothers day sayings that could help you express your gratitude:
“It takes a lifetime to truly appreciate all the ways a good mom makes all the difference.”– Ellen Brenneman
“Mother’s Day is for every woman who holds nothing back… who gives her heart, soul, and energy to those she cares about and still finds a way to love them more every single day.”– Andrew Blackburn
“Mother’s Day is for celebrating the nurturers, the givers, the huggers and helpers, the day-makers and life-changers… and that’s just what you are!”– Keely Chace
“Let there be storybooks, cuddling, and laps. Let there be lullabies, blankies, and naps. Let there be hopes bright as stars up above. Let there be mamas and all their sweet love.”– Jeannie Hund
“Moms give us wings to fly and rides to the ER when we don’t understand what a metaphor is.”– Andrew Blackburn
“A mom is like a best friend who knew you back when you pooped your pants.”– Russ Ediger
“Moms just know… How to help. How to heal. How to listen. How to love.”– Bill Gray
“A mom loves you first. Then forever.”– Katherine Stan
“For every dream that has taken flight, there’s a mother who believed.”– Jennifer Fujita
“She’s a woman of purpose, compassion, and strength… my hero, my mom.”– Suzanne Berry
Mother’s Day Quotes & Messages
“The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”– Jessica Lange
“My mother’s love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters.”– Michelle Obama
“I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.”– Oprah
“A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”– Dorothy Canfield Fisher
“A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.”– Victor Hugo
“A mother understands what a child does not say.”– A Jewish Proverb
“Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.”– Emily Dickinson
“Once you’re a mom, you’re always a mom. It’s like riding a bike, you never forget.”– Taraji P. Henson
“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.”– Charles R. Swindoll
“I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.”– Lance Conrad
Caring Mother’s Day Quotes
“In the mother’s eyes, her smile, her stroking touch, the child reads the message: ‘You are there!’– Adrienne Rich
“Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.”– Kate Winslet
“The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”– Jodi Picoult
“The best medicine in the world is a mother’s kiss.”– Anonymous
“I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.”– Abraham Lincoln
“I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.”– E. M. Forster
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”– Cardinal Meymillod
“Nature’s loving proxy, the watchful mother.”– Bulwer
“There is in all this cold and hollow world no fount of deep, strong, deathless love, save that within a mother’s heart.”– Mrs. Hemans
“If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”– Stevie Wonder
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”– Mary Angelou
Inspirational Mother’s Day Quotes
“There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are super mom.”– Stephanie Precourt
“My mother told me two things constantly. One was to be a lady, and the other was to be independent.”– Ruth Bader Ginsburg
“If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.”– Claudia Ghandi
“My mom is a strong-willed lady. She taught me to believe in myself no matter what anybody else said.”– Tracey Edmonds
“My mother had a good deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.”– Mark Twain
“Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.”– Robert Browning
“A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”– Agatha Christie
“Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall. A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.”– Oliver Wendell Holmes
“Maternal Love! Thou word that sums all bliss.”– Pollock
“The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.”– H.W. Beecher
Sweet Mother’s Day Wishes
“It is generally admitted and very frequently proved that virtue and genius, and all the natural good qualities which men possess, are derived from their mothers.”– Hook
“One of the most important relationships we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers.”– Iyanla Vanzant
“Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.”– Maxim Gorky
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.”– Princess Diana
“We are born of love; Love is our mother.”– Rumi
“An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.”– Spanish Proverb
“Of all gurus, a mother is considered the foremost.”– Anonymous
“When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ It is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.”– Erma Bombeck
“Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember, you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside.”– Rachel Wolchin
“Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.”– Marion C. Garretty
“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”– Tenneva Jordan
“If the whole world were put into one scale and my mother into the other, the world would kick the beam.”– Lord Langdale
“Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.”James Joyce, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Mother’s day card messages
“Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.”– Jojo Moyes, One Plus One
“Mothers… speak the same tongue. A mother in Manchuria could converse with a mother in Nebraska and never miss a word.”– Will Rogers
“Ain’t a woman alive who could take my mama’s place.”– Tupac
“I need her to make me some cocoa and tell me that everything that is going badly in my life will sort itself .”– Kathleen Kelly, You’ve Got Mail
“When you’re a mom, you get a front-row seat to the best show in town – Watching your kids grow up.”– Rebecca, This is Us
“What would a mom do if she couldn’t fuss over you and make you clean your room? And what would you do without her fussing and making you do it? Everyone needs a mom.”– Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
“When your children arrive, your heart becomes a room with wide open windows.”– Amy Poehler
“He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark”– J.K Rowling
“Mother was comfort. Mother was home.”– Ruta Sepetys, Salt to the Sea
“Mothers were the only ones you could depend on to tell the whole, unvarnished truth.”– Margaret Dilloway, How to Be an American Housewife
“You know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life’s happiness is wrapped up in you…every single second.”– Isabel, Stepmom (1998)
“She’s my best friend—she’s everything to me. It’s always just been me and her against the world.”– Until the Last Star Fades
Happy mother’s day card messages
“You showed me when I was young just how to grow; You showed me everything that I should know; You showed me, just how to walk without your hands; ‘Cause mom you always were the perfect fan.”– The Perfect Fan, Backstreet Boys
“It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.”– The Golden Girls
“Maybe motherhood means honoring one’s mother.”– Sheila Heti, Motherhood
“The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom,”– Sandra Vischer
“I tell my daughter every morning, ‘Now, what are the two most important parts of you?’ And she says, ‘My head and my heart.'”– Viola Davis
“My mother shed her protective love down around me and without knowing why people sensed that I had value.”– Mary Angelou, Mom & Me & Mom
“There is no shade like a mother, no resort like a mother, no security like a mother, no other ever-giving fountain of life!”– The Skanda Purana
“Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”– Stevie Wonder
“Mother — that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.”– T. DeWitt Talmage
“No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you — life.”– Anonymous
“She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great – but how to laugh through it.”– Liza Minellie
Heart touching Mother’s day quotes
“The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.”– Karl Lagerfeld
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”– Mitch Albom
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”– Jill Churchill
“There is no role in life that I swore essential than that of motherhood.”– Elder M. Russell Ballard
“Where you lead, I will follow.”– Carole King
“Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.”– Gail Tsukiyama, Dreaming Water
“Little souls find their way to you whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.”– Sheryl Crow
“There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.”– Anonymous
“I think in a lot of ways unconditional love is a myth. My mom’s the only reason I know it’s a real thing.”– Conor Oberst
“Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”– Barbara Kingsolver
“Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.”– Lady Gaga
“Dear mama, don’t you know I love you? Dear mama, place no one above you.”– Tupac, Dear Mama
Happy mother’s day Quotes
“Mama said there’ll be days like this, there’ll be days like this, my mama said.”– The Shirelles, Mama Said
“Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.”– Erich Fromm
“Men are what their mothers made them.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”– Abraham Lincoln
“Mom, when thoughts of you are in our hearts, we are never far from home.”– Anonymous
“No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.”– Florida Scott-Maxwell
“Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.”– George Eliot
“Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.”– Harriet Beecher Stowe
Positive Wishes For Mother’s Day
“My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.”– Michael Jordan
“It takes a female to have a baby,
It takes a woman to raise a child,
It takes a mother to raise them correctly,
It takes a warrior to show them how to change the world.”– Shannon L. Alder
‘Can anything harm us, mother, after the night lights are lit? ’Nothing, precious,’ she said; ‘they are the eyes a mother leaves behind her to guard her children.’”– Peter Pan
“It’s a funny thing about mothers… Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.”– Matilda
Read More: How to Cleanse Crystals at Home
Mother’s Day Quotes & Sayings
Alternatively, you could surprise your mom with a heartfelt text message! Here’s a list of handpicked wishes that you could send your mother to remind her how much she means to you:
- You are an extraordinary woman, and I want you to know how important you are to me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- All you need to do is smile, and everything in the world changes. What a wonderful woman you are. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Like the flower that holds its dew, you held on to me whenever I needed you. Thank you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for always being there through the good and bad times. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Your grace and cheerful nature are an inspiration to me. May you have an incredible Mother’s Day!
- Mom, I want you to know that your hug is the best stress buster in this world. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Whatever you do, you do it with grace, style, warmth, and a smile! Happy Mother’s Day!
- The best thing about having you as my mother is that I am never short of a friend, Happy Mother’s Day!
- Dear Mom, I hope you never lose your cheerful and enthusiastic spirit! Happy Mother’s Day!
- To my number one cheerleader and fan, thank you for supporting me in pursuing my dreams, even though they appear crazy! Happy Mother’s Day!
Fun Fact: In the United States, Mother’s Day is a popular day for Americans to dine out with their mums! In 2018, an article stated that 87 million adults plan to dine out on Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Messages
- Every home, every heart, and every moment of happiness is truly incomplete without you. To the woman who completes my world, Happy Mother’s Day!
- My heart crowns you with the “best mom” award every year. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- It’s the birthday of someone who has taught me everything about life. I can only say two sentences for you – “thank you” and “I love you.” Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day! You have risen above all of the tribulations and trials of life. You are an incredible person to me.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the sweetest and most beautiful mother. May this day be as bright as you are!
- Happy Mother’s Day! I’m so blessed to have a fantastic mother like you!
- You are a woman of many virtues – honest, kind, patient, understanding, loving, and more. You are the perfect mom, and I couldn’t ask for more! Happy Mother’s Day!
- No matter where I go, I always find my way back home for your scrumptious meals, your tender embraces, and your loving care. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To the Wonder Woman of my life, Happy Mother’s Day! Your serenity, support, boundless love, and loving embrace have been the pillars of my strength throughout my journey!
- Though you held my hand for a short while, you hold my heart forever. Happy Mother’s Day!
Fun Fact: People make more calls on Mother’s Day than on any other day! Here’s what an old Reuters article says about this – Mother’s Day sees highest call volumes of year.
Mother’s Day Wishes
- I wish you could see from my eyes how much you are one gem of a woman! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best teacher, friend, and guide.
- Mom, this Mother’s Day, I’m grateful for your pure heart, infectious joy, and unconditional love.
- Dear Mom, Happy Mother’s Day! You are the biggest star in my sky. Thank you for all that you do!
- Mama, you have enriched my life with care, guidance, support, and love. I know I would not be where I am now without you! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the sweetest and the most beautiful mother! You light up my life just by being in it!
- Hey Mama, there is no other woman I adore more than you! I admire your selfless, loving, graceful, and strong nature.
- Mom, you are my best friend and my greatest confidante. Thank you for always being there for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, I admire you for going above the tribulations and trials of life. You are an incredible person! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Just your smile is enough to make my day. I’m writing with a smile on my face because I know you’ll do the same while reading it. Happy Mother’s Day!
Fun Fact: Wearing carnations holds a special meaning for Mother’s Day. If someone wears a red carnation, it means their mother is still alive. A white carnation is worn by those who’ve lost their mothers. This tradition was started by Anna Jarvis.
Happy Mother’s Day Message
- A Mother’s Day greeting for the world’s sweetest mom! I am genuinely grateful that I have you as my mother. Thank you for always believing in me and for all the support you have given me over the years!
- Happy Mother’s Day! A mother works round the clock. She gets no vacations and cannot hand over her resignation letter when the going gets tough. That’s how difficult it is to become a mother!
- Through the years, you have been the wind beneath my wings, taking me to places I needed to go. Thank you for being with me through the rollercoaster of life. Happy Mother’s Day!
- If there is one person that I am sure loves me inside and out, it will be you, Mom. You have seen my demons and the very worst of me, and yet, you still think that I am beautiful. Happy Mother’s Day to the most remarkable woman of my life!
- To the most special woman in my life, to whom I will forever owe my life, Happy Mother’s Day. Without your endless love, I would not have made it till here.
- A mom is the by-product of love, the result of steadfast patience, and the sum of strength that no man can match. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend and greatest support! I can’t imagine my world without your loving embrace.
- A child is the walking figure of a mother’s love and care.
- It is not easy to juggle being a daughter, a sister, a friend, and, to top it all, a mother. It takes patience, persistence, and strength to do the things that you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
- If there is someone in the world whose love only grows stronger and steadier for me, I know it’s you, mom. Thank you for being a part of my journey. I love you! Happy Mother’s Day!
Fun Fact: Mother’s Day sees the highest number of fresh flower purchases after Christmas and Hanukkah. Here is what Mother’s Day Floral Statistics says about consumer purchases on Mother’s Day.
Happy Mother’s Day Wishes
- No gifts can measure up to the love and gratitude I feel for you, mom. You have stuck by me at my worst and protected me from the perils of life. I love you always! Happy Mother’s Day!
- There is absolutely no one who can replace a mother. No one can match the love that you have poured into me! Happy Mother’s Day!
- You have set an example of good character and attitude, which is an indispensable blueprint in my life. Someday, I hope to become a great woman just like you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- A mother is a well of endless love. Her love stretches beyond every corner and niche of the people she chooses to keep, etching roads of comfort in every heart she touches. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Nothing in this world can match the love, patience, care, and happiness that you have given me! I will forever be indebted for the life you have given me and the chance to explore the world on my own two feet. I love you, mom! Happy Mother’s Day.
- Your smile is unmatched, your love is limitless, and your beauty is incomparable. You are a woman like no other! Happy Mother’s Day.
- On this Mother’s Day, remember that as a woman, life starts with you. So look at the world and smile. For without you, there would be no life!
- Through the years, your serenity, support, boundless love, and loving embrace have been the pillars of my strength. Your presence in my life fills my heart with gratitude and love. Happy Mother’s Day!
- My best friend, my role model, my sage advisor, my first teacher, my favorite chef, and the woman I love most. Roll them all in one, and it is you, mom! Happy Mother’s Day!
Fun Fact: If mothers were compensated for all their work at home, they would receive a salary of more than $126,725. Here’s what insure.com says in its article- Mother’s Day Index 2022: Mom’s unpaid work worth 9.2%
When Did the Mother’s Day Tradition Start?
You might think Mother’s Day is a creation of corporate businesses. But that’s far from the truth. Mother’s Day celebrations can be traced back to Ancient Egypt and Greece. Additionally, it has somewhat of a controversial history.
In Ancient Egypt and Greece, people worshipped deities like Goddess Isis and Goddess Rhea. Also, starting from the 16th century, a form of Mother’s Day was celebrated in the United Kingdom. It was called Mothering Sunday.
Initially, the day was meant to honor Mother Mary. But soon after, the tradition expanded to include actual mothers as well.
During the Civil War, Mama Jarvis would take care of wounded soldiers. Her lifelong mission was to promote peace, care for children, and get women the recognition they deserved.
After the Civil War, she would organize a Mother’s Friendship Day so that soldiers from both sides could meet each other along with their mothers.
In 1905, Mama Jarvis passed away. Soon, her daughter – Anna Jarvis, took over to promote her mission. She demanded an official holiday to honor mothers from all over the world. In 1908, Anna held a public memorial for her mother in West Virginia.
Before Jarvis, another activist was also working on the sidelines. Her name was Julia Ward Howe. In 1870, Howe wanted June 2nd to be declared Mother’s Day. Eventually, all these appeals did pay off.
In 1914, the then-US President, Woodrow Wilson, declared Mother’s Day an official holiday. It was set to be celebrated on the second Sunday of May.
However, things turned awry for Anna Jarvis. Evidently, card companies, florists, and charities took over and commercialized the day.
Jarvis said the day was supposed to be a private and personal celebration. Ironically, Jarvis spent the remaining years of her life fighting to get Mother’s Day off the calendar.
However, given Mother’s Day’s popularity today, we can say that she was quite unsuccessful in her attempt.
Here’s a video on the history and origin of Mother’s Day:
Fun Fact: When is mothers day celebrated? In most countries, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday in the month of May.
Hopefully, you got a quote or two for this Mother’s Day! Feel free to use any of the above mother’s day quotes or images to put a smile on your mom’s face!
If you want to go the Anna Jarvis way, the best thing to do would be to spend time with your mother or pen a beautiful mother’s day card for her.
The importance of our mothers cannot be overstated. When you face danger, you think of your mother. When you are hungry, you dream of your mother’s food. When you’re in physical pain, you call out to your mother.
This Mother’s Day, make sure to tell her just how much she means to you with these mother’s day quotes and images!